With a circuit length of 5.41 km (3.364 miles), 19 turns, 3 straights and an estimated top speed of 320 km/h. This new Formula 1 Circuit in Miami promises thrilling races. An integral part of it is: ACO Surface drainage products
Based on the long history and experience of ACO providing drainage systems for race circuits, ACO was chosen to supply drainage components for the circuit. The design had some unique issues to deal with, apart from the stadium being only 1.5m above the Atlantic Ocean, the track goes around three sides of the football stadium and is being built around the schedule of the Miami Dolphins NFL team. The effect of the COVID 19 Pandemic put the project back by one year and when the final go ahead was given to build the stadium, the timeline for completion was just 9 months.
Which products were used/ installed?
- ACO Infrastructure Monoblock HD
- ACO Infrastructure Monoblock HD200 ADA
- ACO F1 Infrastructure MonoSlot (100mm)
- ACO Drain SK100 grated channels
- ACO Drain SK200 grated channels (Pits & media ctr.)
- ACO Duct solid topped ducting channels
Who took care of the project?
- ACO USA, Customer service
Which ACO department provided technical service?
- ACO USA, SWM Technical support
Which companies/ firms where involved?
Planner: APEX / AECOM
- Miami Dolphins Football Team/ Stephen M. Ross
- Moss Construction, General Contractor
- American Engineering & Development -Civil
When was the object build? How long was the construction period?
- June 2021 to March 2022