Italian Decree D.Lgs. 5th October 2006 n.264 integrates and adopts the prescriptions of Directive 2004/54/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on minimum safety requirements for tunnels in the Trans-European Road Network.
The implementation of this European law prescribes that all tunnels longer than 500 meters shall be equipped with devices in case of accidental collision involving tanker trucks transporting flammable/dangerous fluids.
ACO S.p.A. served consultancy in final design and materials to n.2 tunnel on A4/45 Ivrea-Santhià motorway: Quassolo tunnel (550 m) and Passo D’Avenco tunnel (582 m).
The supply consisted in almost all the drainage, treatment and storage equipment needed to fulfill the European regulation in terms of tunnels safety requirements:
- 2.212 m Euroline 100 h97 mm channels for dripping waters, placed on emergency walkways
- 2.076 m of Monoblock S channel
- N. 46 AISI 430 stainless steel sump units made by ACO Turkey with custom made connection to Monoblock S via Ø160 mm ACO Pipes
- N. 2 armored concrete shafts housing three-way valves
- N. 2 Oleopator C NG 15 with Procurat alarm system
- N. 2 ACO G-H tanks in GRP, 75.000 liters each.
Which products were used/ installed?
ACO DRAIN Monoblock S channels
ACO Euroline 100 h97 mm channels
AISI 430 custom made sump units
Armored concrete shafts housing three-way valves
Oleopator C NG 15 with Procurat alarm system
ACO G-H tank in Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP)
Which ACO department took care of the project?
- ACO Italy
Which ACO department provided technical service?
- ACO Italy